Thankful Thursday: Joy Dare #1
I had planned on posting this yesterday but my day did not go as planned so forgive me that my Thankful Thursday post is actually posted on Friday.
As I mentioned last week, God is teaching me to take time to note the of the ways He is working in my life–monumental and inconsequential. So each Thursday, I am going to post my responses to the Joy Dare from the 1,000 Gifts blog as a way for me to be intentional about making this a habit for me. I would love for you to join along!
1. a gift found at 11:30am, 2:30pm, 6:30pm: time to sit and catch up on email, time to actually take down my Christmas decorations, my husband home early from work
2. 3 things overheard today, all gifts: “I’m so glad you’re my wife,” “God answered my prayers,” “Notice what God is doing in your life.”
3, 3 gifts found in writing: trusting God, surrendering to God, finding peace
4. 3 gifts found when bent down: my health, new flooring after our flood, relaxation
5. one gift stitched, one gift hammered, one gift woven: a quilt from my Grandma for my wedding, a painting of the words”oh how He loves us” from my sister-in-law, a prayer blanket from Jared’s Aunt while going through chemo
6. 3 gifts found outside: the orange glow of the sun this morning, my breath dissipating into the cold air, the sun reflecting on our windshield as we drive
7. 3 gifts red: a Christmas wreath stored away until next year, “You Are Mine” pillow uncovered in boxes for Valentine’s Day, the heart printed on the Starbucks cup in my hand
8. a gift broken, a gift fixed, a gift thrifted: my beaded necklace, stitching the holes in my shirts this week, a Lenox vase to match my china
9. 3 gifts that were surprises–unexpected grace!: changing to a new room for Bible study with a more intimate feel, a coffee date with a dear friend and her young girls, a vulnerable time with the Lord after hearing about a disappointment
May we open our eyes this week to the ways God is working in our lives!